[meteorite-list] Strange things found while hunting for meteorites : )

From: Bjorn Sorheim <astrogeo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:54:59 +0100

I certainly also have found mighty strange things while hunting for
meteorites.
In October 2006 I found for the first time in any of the nordic
countries a Borneo-dolphin aka 'Lagenodelphis hosei' on a rocky beach
facing the Atlantic ocean. It had become stuck in a gully, and was dead.
At first I thought it was a rubber plaything.

It's only about the 10th species of dolphin to be found in Norway.
This type of dolphin is also known as Fraser's dolphin, and one of the last
dolphin species to be recognized, first found on Borneo - Sarawak.
The worlds foremost expert on these, Thomas Jefferson!, said from
the photos I took, that none came close in looks than the Borneo-dolphin.
It made it to the front page of the local newspaper, but only after having
gone several rounds with dolphin experts here in Norway, as it first was
assumed to be one of the most common types seen in Norway.

So if you don't find meteorites, you always find something else...

Regards,
Bj?rn S?rheim