[meteorite-list] OT: need folks who use PDS websites

From: Elizabeth Warner <ewarner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:13:52 -0500

I have been tasked with updating/revising/redoing the Planetary Data
Systems Small Bodies Node (PDS-SBN) website. PDS archives data primarily
from NASA missions but also from other observations that support NASA
missions. The Small Bodies Node of course handles the asteroids, comets
and dust so, I'm not too far off topic by posting to this forum.

The current (old) site is located at
http://pdssbn.astro.umd.edu/

The new site which we are still working on is at
http://icarus.astro.umd.edu/

First, if you have used the site before, we want to make sure that the
new site is better.

Second, I've run into a few questions that we are having problems
answering internally because we are too close to the project so we want
to know how some users feel. Plus, internally we use the site slightly
differently than real users out in the world might...

If you are interested please take a look through. Please let me know via
private email (let's not spam the list even more than I'm already
doing). My email is warnerem at astro.umd.edu

Information to include that will help me to debug issues:
+ OS, browser you are using
+ description of problem
+ URL of page where problem is occurring
+ a screen capture jpg (especially if the problem is related to how the
page looks)

Okay, question for now, should we break out by instrument (and then
maybe by mission phase) or by mission phase (and then by instrument if
needed)?

http://icarus.astro.umd.edu/data_sb/missions/deepimpact/index_new2.shtml

OR

http://icarus.astro.umd.edu/data_sb/missions/deepimpact/index_new3.shtml