[meteorite-list] World record 1, 250g tektite from Philippines??

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:05:30 -0700

Here's a big fish story for you all;

About ten years ago I was visiting a mineral shop inside a park in
china and they had a football (American football) shaped tektite
slightly larger than a football. I was quite sure it was a tektite and
not slag nor obsidian. Must've massed about 8-12 kilos. It was priced
at the equivalent of $700 USD, but back then I didn't appreciate
meteorites and tektites and thus I ignored it. Only recently did I
realize the importance of it, oh well.

-Yinan