[meteorite-list] Public Outreach: Thanks and TRADE request

From: Richard Kowalski <kowalski_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:35:52 -0700

Hello all.

Apologies for this cross post.

You may remember a request I put out before the Tucson Shows for meteoritic
material to be used for Public Outreach at the Catalina Sky Survey's telescopes
and for visitors to the meteorite lab at LPL.

We were the beneficiary of some unexpected generosity by a few people. I'm not
sure if they want their donations known publicly, so for now I hope they'll
accept my public thanks on these forums.

I will say that when I handed Dolores Hill the bags of meteorites for the U of A
meteorite lab's outreach, she too was overwhelmed by the generosity of the donors.

One of the donors also provided us with five "CV" stones totaling about 155g. I
also have three specimens that I purchase in the past year as well. In total
these 8 stones weigh in at 296.3g.

I am still looking for a single "CV" hand specimen for use with our PO programs
that is somewhere between 300 - 500g in size.. I would like to offer the 8
stones I already have as trade in whole or in part for a single hand sized specimen.

I'm willing to pay the difference in cost to obtain a single stone.

If you have a "CV-type" stone (my preference would be for a stone with a dark
matrix with colorful chondrules visible on the surface) that you are willing to
part with please contact me privately.

Thank you all for your consideration of this request and especially to those who
have already donated generously to our cause.

--
Richard Kowalski
Catalina Sky Survey