[meteorite-list] AD: Gemmology of Vesta - Blossoms of Planetary Poetry

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:18:24 +0100

Dear Passionates,

today we make something different than usual - curious as we are, we want to
test whether facebook could be something for us and launched our special
offer there.

For the impatient ones - here already the link:
http://kuerzer.de/VestaGems

But don't worry, if you're not familiar with or if facebook is suspect to
you,
just give us a note, and we immediately will send you a private email
with pictures & prices of all available specimens.

For that experiment we chose quite the most fabulous material which was
readily prepared at hand.

A few of you will remember our NWA 5478.
That incredible eucrite with such a diversity of appearances, from a perfect
Moon mimicry, to patterns you rather would expect on the catwalks of Paris
or Milano,
up to picture puzzles of fine art:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/euc-face.jpg

We were lucky to gather a longer while ago a few marbles of this material
more.
Or to say it like it should be correct:
Some stones which we personally strongly believe to be paired to NWA 5478.

Of course they will be correctly classified and they will obtain an own
NWA-number.

In fact we rather would have waited until we got the number, before we'd
think about setting them on sale,
but when we showed that specimen:
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/1_062gb.jpg

..the collectors urged us to offer them already in advance.

We always sincerely hoped to get one day a larger stone of that material,
without doubts such a specimen would be from the beginning on: legend.
Alas, three years waiting yielded nothing more than these few pebbles, less
than a small handful.
If you keep in mind, that on a find site or in a strewnfield always the
largest stones are picked up first and the smallest found last, we're not
confident that our dream ever will come true.
However.
As small as the marbles are, it is certainly one of the finest HEDs, the
deserts ever spat out.

23 specimens we have for sale.
All are true astonishing gems. All are polished half-stones.

The price per gram is higher than for average eucrites,
but because the weights of the gems are so small,
the overall-prices for the specimens are very comfortable.

They rank between 51$ and 180$ per piece,
two are larger and cost 500$ and 700$.

Only with the best specimen of the whole new series we will make an
exception,
and will have a kind of an private auction without hurry.
Highest bid will fetch it, increments are 10$,
Secret maximum bids remain secret and will automatically used only to that
extent necessary to hold the leading bid.
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/1_062gb.jpg
And that, until nobody wants to bid more. With fair warnings.
Hence without battles in the last 10 seconds.

We're quite in the beginning at 90$ now.

Duration - a day will be enough, but also necessary, for the Japanese and
Australian collectors having a chance too.

So again,
Don't be shy to ask us for an email, if you don't like facebook.
Alone the pictures you HAVE to see, they are a delight.

Have all a fine and relaxing Sunday!

Stefan & Martin

Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com