[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION

From: Thunder Stone <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:31:25 -0800

Isn't that the way auctions are supposed to be; some items sell for a low price and some high. It just depends on the mood of the bidders. I watched the webcast myself and really enjoyed it (thanks Rubin), and I can say... I wish I was there during the bidding of some items, as they sold for low prices - oh well maybe next year. I think the slow recovery in the economy is a factor, also there were a few really nice (supreme) specimens which drew a lot of attention, thus allowing other items to sell for less. I have only been collecting meteorites for about five years now, but have noticed that certain types of meteorites gain popularity quickly resulting in high prices? that?s part of the fun, I guess. One thing surprised me though ? I was expecting to see a Mifflin in the auction. Would have been interesting to how much it sold for.

Greg S.