[meteorite-list] TUCSON AUCTION ETIQUETTE/ AN APOLOGY IN ORDER?

From: mail at mhmeteorites.com <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:58:12 +0000

I will chime in on the prices. Like Adam stated, much fine NWA material sold for pretty low prices, that Dhofar 700 slice was a killer. On the other hand, the Norton Co pieces sold for 40+/g, the Worden was 300/g (I originally sold pieces of this for 15-20/g in 2002)! Sylacauga sold for about 2150/g, some of the TX chondrites were 6-10/g, and the small Allende slice was 15/g (if I can remember correctly). The Johnstown 7.3g sold for 2300, not too shabby.

Matt
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites
http://www.mhmeteorites.com