[meteorite-list] Auction Policies

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:10:27 +0000

I would hope not.? Floor bidders don't announce how high they are willing to go unless they make a bid for that amount and just don't increase it.? Telling all the bidders present how much absentee bidders are willing to pay gives those in attendance an unfair advantage, as they can decide whether or not to up their bid.? Absentee bidders can't, unless they have arranged to follow the action and can bid remotely, and I don't think real-time absentee bids are a feature yet of our meteorite auction.

Wish I could have been there!

Best!
Tracy Latimer