[meteorite-list] AD - Tucson Meteorite Auction and some offers

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:38:01 -0500

Hi Friends, Collectors and Listees,

MICHAEL BLOOD AUCTION TONIGHT -

The annual Michael Blood Meteorite Auction is tonight, and I look
forward to watching it live on the web for the first time - a big
kudos goes out to Ruben for making this possible. :)

For those of you who will be there, or will be absentee bidders,
please take a look at my auction lots - 22,23,24,25,26,27,69,70.

Note - the Riker box displays I am offering in the auction contain
larger specimens than what I usually sell in my store. These displays
contain some of the bigger and nicer micros of these meteorites that I
have.

Also note the limited edition giclee that is a 36" inch wide map of
the Saharan Desert with all of the important locations and meteorites
labelled on it. The retail price of this giclee is almost $300, but
the one in the auction has no reserve or minimum bid - so this is a
great chance to score one of these maps at a bargain price.

NEW MATERIAL AND METEORITES ON THE WAY -

In the next week, I am acquiring a ton of new material, including many
rare falls, rare types, and some Moldavite. I will also have some
more UNWA stones and UNWA bulk lots to offer - I have been out of
stock on this stuff for a long time. So keep on eye on my Twitter or
RSS feed to get the jump on these new specimens when I list them.

PRIVATE METEORITE MAILING LIST -

I also maintain a private mailing list for my friends and clients -
all of my new material is offered to my mailing list first. Once they
buy up what they want, I offer the remainders to the general public.
If you would like to be on this mailing list, email me and let me
know. This list is confidential, spam-free, and nobody else will see
your email address except me. Mailing list members also get a
permanent 25% discount on everything in the store!

METEORITES FOR SALE -

Skull-shaped Campo del Cielo iron meteorite - 2.5kg weight with
interesting surface features and great aesthetics. This specimen is
100% stable and has been decontaminated and stabilized by the Pat
Mulvany process - his iron meteorites are the most stable you will
ever see, and that is not sales hype. Just ask anyone who has
purchased one. All of my clients who purchased Mulvany irons have
been thrilled and amazed at how stable they are - even know rusters
like Campo, Nantan, and Dronino.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/campo-del-cielo-iron-meteorite-huge-skull-shaped-25kg-mass

Big full-slice of NWA 6026, a rare carbonaceous CK5 meteorite. This
slice has it all - crust, chondrules, CAI's, shock veins, and a lack
of oxidation (W1/2). This is the last large slice of this meteorite
that I have, and the last one that will ever be available on the
market. The TKW of this meteorite is low and all other specimens are
now sitting in collections.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6026-exotic-new-carbonaceous-chondrite-ck5-big-full-slice

Strange new diogenite NWA 6290 - one of the weirdest diogenites you
will ever see. Words can't really describe it properly, so please see
the photos.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/nwa-6290-strange-new-brecciated-diogenite-from-vesta-14g-slice

Trinitite Atom-Bomb Glass display - own a piece of history from the
day mankind shattered the atom at the Trinity test site - the very
first atomic test.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/limited-edition-trinitite-display-vintage-pop-sci-mushroom-cloud

Big 16g endcut of the superb meteorwrong, Mendota - This is one of the
most interesting meteorwrongs since Shirokovksy, with dense colorful
clasts and veins of metal.

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/mendota-famous-beautiful-meteorwrong-loaded-with-metal-clasts

Polished Moldavite for jewelry making. This piece has exceptional
color and clarity -

http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/moldavite-tumble-polished-premium-grade-gem-424-carats

DON'T FORGET - use coupon code "metlist" at checkout for 20% off your
entire order.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

MikeG

--
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Meteorite Top List - http://meteorite.gotop100.com