[meteorite-list] Laws and Lunar-cy

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:18:58 -0500

David,
Not to beat a dead horse but, we are talking about legal precedents here.
How can you (NASA) give something away and have it still "technically" be theirs"? I know you are talking about Congress so, these absurd scenario's exist but, really? They still own it? I seriously doubt that would hold up in court. Isn't that "Indian Giving"? Did these recipients including foreign Govs and top execs sign something to that effect? I think not. If I were on the jury in that trial I would have to tell our Government to { well you know what I mean}. I know they restrict sales of a lot of things but, restricting ownership of something they gave you is ridiculous. But again, it does sound like something our mental midgets in Congress would do and say. Sorry.
Carl
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
Meteoritemax