[meteorite-list] Apollo Moon rock sample on eBay?

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:17:32 -0600

p.s.s. I need to correct my previous statement about the refunds on eBay. I
just called eBay and was told if an item is $50 or less, the eBay rep said
they will pay the buyer the amount and let them keep the item, just to avoid
time and hassles. This means eBay is footing the amount, and it doesn't come
out of the seller's account.
So, basically as per the eBay rep, anything over $50 they still require it
sent back and then when proof is given by the buyer such as a Post Office
confirmation, then the refund is given. Now, I do want to make a statement
here on behalf of the seller I know and several others who are into the
15,000 to 30,000 range, that often they will get a package back, and it
contains "ROCKS" or other "JUNK" and they have not been able to prove to
eBay/PayPal that the buyer didn't send the item back since it's based on a
confirmation or shipping number. Now, also, two of these friends will take a
box returned by a seller directly to the Post Office and open it there at
the window in front of a Post Office employee so they have a witness and I
believe they may also then be able to file a complaint with the Post Office.

Just wanted to clear that since Carl alerted me to my statement about no
returns and I wanted to clarify that.

Thanks,

Brian Cox
IMAC #6387