[meteorite-list] Apollo Moon rock sample on eBay?

From: Brian Cox <searchingforfun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:30:21 -0600

Has anyone contacted the seller with the Apollo Moon Rock or if they have
did they get a response back from him? I would think that since he has 100%
feedback and has 4.8 out of 5 on "Item as Described" and 4.9 of 5 on
Communication, Shipping Time and Shipping and handling charges that he might
honestly think he as a REAL Moon Rock, plus he's got 989 feedback in just 2
years. That Purple 70s Carpet he has it photographed on is a sight for a 70s
flashback movie, but I think he needs some direction. If he had 15 feedbacks
and was selling really crazy off the wall stuff I would think he was a con
artist, but just might need some help and direction in this case.

One other thing that bothers me about anything sold for a high price is the
ebay/paypal rule on refunds, without returns, that so many of my seller
friends are complaining about. Many I know that don't sell meteorites
complain that the ebay/Paypal refund policy is if the buyer contacts Paypal
and even says the "item was not exactly as described" even if it's a minor
scratch, etc., that Paypal will refund their money and let the buyer keep
the item and not return it like they used to do a year or so ago and in the
past. Sellers are really getting screwed in this case. I know people that
will only sell any item over $2,000 on their website or some other way.

Everyone have a great day and those in Tucson, I hope it warms up for you.

All the best!

Cheers!

Brian Cox

IMCA #6387