[meteorite-list] New fall...Mars / Nice inside too

From: Labenne Meteorites <labennemeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:37:04 +0100

You're right Jeff,
I am very sorry, I was excited, and still excited anyway... I was there Tuesday, after receiving pictures the past week and when you saw the stones and talk with the nomads (with Marocan dealer translating) the reality of an observed fall is more than possible...anyway fall or not, this is a great meteorite for science !
By the way, I personnaly saw a few hundred grams of fragments and very few individuals. From my sources we are talking about a few hundred grams to a few kilos. But as I noticed previously there is enough material for science and collectors (considering the small meteorite market and the availabilty of many small fragments around 1g or less) but there aren't kilos and kilos as some other people are suggesting.
Best Regards and Merry Christmas!
Luc

From my Iphone
Labenne Luc