[meteorite-list] Meteorite Picture of the Day

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 12:03:45 -0700

Hi all,

I have received several responses about this Seymchan with inquiries
as to pricing on slices.

We have NOT been too eager to part with slices of this particular
specimen just yet. Here's the reason:

When I first saw this end cut after Miller prepared it, I was shocked
at the beauty. When I asked Laurence Garvie (ASU) if he had ever seen
anything this
beautiful be quickly said yes, the Omolon Pallasite. As it turns out
Omolon and Seymchan are from the same region - Magadan, Russia and
were not found too far from each other. Coincidence? Probably, and we
doubt this one could be Omolon, since Omolon was seen to fall in 1981
and this one - as beautiful as it is - doesn't seem to be that fresh.

However, the science is currently being done and one can never be too
sure until it's finished.

Worst case scenario, we have the finest Seymchan pallasite anyone has
seen so far - and we're good with that!

However, EVERYONE (young and old, novice and seasoned pro) is welcome
to come see slices in person starting Jan 28th, 2012 at what will
forever be known as "THE FRIENDLIEST ROOM IN TUCSON" - Inn Suites
(Hotel Tucson) room 234

P.S. that means zero gossip, just meteorite talk...and maybe a little
rock and roll.