[meteorite-list] Polygraph testing legality

From: dorifry <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:32:15 -0500

Hi Jim,

Actually, in Arizona, polygraph tests are only admissable if the judge and
both lawyers agree to admit the evidence. You can be 100% sure that at
least one lawyer is going to vote against admittance! This is why polygraph
results are almost never, (if ever) allowed in court in any state.

Taken together, the scientific studies on polygraph accuracy indicate that
it's slightly better than flipping a coin.

I can provide anecdotal evidence that is the exact opposite of the story you
told.

If your son had failed the test, I believe you would think polygraphs are
completely bogus.

Phil Whitmer