[meteorite-list] LOSS OF METEORITE BY UPS

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:43:17 -0500

Hi Count,

That really stinks - to put it poetically. ;)

It also reinforces my belief that UPS blows. I had numerous problems
with them in the past and their customer service is horrible. I'd
rather burn a package than give it to them. I haven't used UPS in
about 5 years now and I will never use them again.

If for some reason I cannot ship via USPS (such as a customer requests
an alternate method), then I use Fed Ex.

Count - I wouldn't expect much sympathy or any sort of action to
rectify the situation on the behalf of UPS. You'll get a lot of nice
talk and smooth words, but no action.

Well, I hope your meteorite eventually shows up.

I've been waiting over 8 weeks now for a valuable package from Canada
and it is gone - I'm not sure who stole it, Canada Post or USPS. But,
this is one of only a small handful of problems I have had with USPS
over the years of shipping thousands of packages. By contrast, I have
only used UPS about 10 times, and almost every time there was some
sort of problem.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com