[meteorite-list] LOTS OF MOON ROCKS GONE?

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 17:44:32 -0500 (EST)

Thank you Randy for this "accounting".

But it seems to me that other factors are being ignored.

First of all some of your experiments and analysis are necessarily
destructive, and you cannot account for material that has been vaporized, or
dissolved.

Also, some of that material has been cut to make thin-sections, with an
unavoidable cutting and polishing loss.

Yes those losses would be small, but I expect that other the years hundreds
of experiments and thin-sections have been done, all these add up and
probably account for at least some of the missing material.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 12/12/2011 1:09:43 PM Mountain Standard Time,