[meteorite-list] just moved to Imperial Beach, CA 91932, SW of San Diego: Rich Murray 2011.12.11

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:56:59 -0800

just moved to Imperial Beach, CA 91932, SW of San Diego: Rich Murray 2011.12.11

Sondra Spies and I have been in Imperial Beach, California, 91932, SW
of San Diego, near the beach, 3 miles N of Mexico, since Saturday Dec
3 -- renting 254-A Donax Avenue -- looking for a $ 300 K small house
to buy soon -- driving here Dec 1 and 2, via 60 and I-8, seems like
plenty of geoablation of the landscape a la Cox-Boslough directed air
burst jet barrages -- hope to start finding glazed rocks nearby --
ocean waves toss up interesting SiO2 rocks, including obsidian, with
very few shells... apparent red-brown glaze 2-4 mm thick on a few 1-2
m grey granite rocks just E of beach, moved in from inland, I guess...