[meteorite-list] Meteorite Picture of the Day

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 23:32:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Greg, it is an awesome image, but really all the contributions have
been superlatives even though having a favorite son (or daughter!),
happens ;-)

These images from Paul's MPOD site bring a lot of cheer into my day,
it's really great to see the participation and resulting variety and
this is a good time to emphasize how much I appreciate the efforts.

Anyway, thanks again to Paul and Stephan for a great job today, and
isn't it great that Chinga yesterday, so exciting and educational
yesterday didn't get the usualy comment [guilty as charged ;-(]

Oh! And special thanks to Anne Black and Arlene Schlazer for sharing
their beautiful work with us. This has got to be the only place on
earth men make calendars; every time I go to a copy shop or photo
kiosk, it's always the women holding up the line with their calendars;
where are they all now?

PS, Greg, whether you have a thousand dollar specimen or a small one,
since each specimen is a photogenic universe within itself, and the
interesting aspects are truely endless - there has not been a single
picture that has been posted that has been missing its charms, even
last Halloween's nightmare! How about it?

Going up the learning curve in assembling a collection good enough to
please myself lately (there was a natural disaster that caused me to
lose a portion of the old collection very very sadly, a setback I can
never recover), really with no one else's opinion in mind, that the
grass on the other side of the firewall is not always greener even
though lusting for those sexily marketed specimens sometimes has us
undersell our own treasures (big mistake!).

Kindest wishes
Doug