[meteorite-list] Who to contact if an impact crater has been found?

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:49:23 -0700

He could let me know, and I could take it to the Denver Museum of Nature
and Science (I'm a research associate there). Or, he could go there
directly. Or, he could simply put out the coordinates on this list, for
everybody to have a look at. Since the odds are very much against it
being an impact crater, that would provide a good filter. In any of
those cases, he'd be credited with the find if it turned out to be genuine.

If this is a small impact with the possibility of intact meteorites
(again, very unlikely), and he wants to keep it secret, he ought to be
able to get one of the active southwest meteorite hunters to visit with
him and see if there's anything to be found, before making things more
public.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory