[meteorite-list] Montrose Meteorites / Steve Curry

From: Marc Fries <mfries8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:34:09 -0700

I had a similar thing happen. I was in Montrose, Colorado recently and
visited a small rock shop. The owner showed me an iron "from the fall
that happened here", as he put it. Turns out Curry had given (or sold?)
it to him to get him interested in meteorites then tried to sell him his
"meteorite collection". The shop owner told him he'd think about it, and
Curry contacted him later with an even higher price for his "valuable
meteorites". The shop owner looked Curry up online, found a slew of
negative comments about him, and refused to purchase the "meteorites".
So at least one shop owner wasn't fooled - the one who did some research
online before shelling out money.

Cheers,
Marc Fries