[meteorite-list] California's second witnessed fall, Red Canyon Lake now official!

From: Robert Ward <ironfromthesky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:44:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list. In 2007 I spent two weeks triangulating a large fireball captured by the Yuba City Sentinal camera, and witnessed by thousands in California. I organized a sizable search exploiting several avenues of rather unusual nature as the region was remote, being some twenty miles from the nearest road. A single stone of 18.4 grams was recovered, an H5 chondrite. Here is the link to the Meteoritical Bulletin regarding this fall. http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53502