[meteorite-list] Cat Mountain on EBay [LA Disclaimer]

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 00:00:40 -0700 (PDT)

Mike, Doug, and All,

The recent post by Michael Mulgrew is accurate.

The MetSoc only recognizes the name "Los Angeles".

The recent post by Doug Dawn raises a valid question.

I made a rookie mistake 13 years ago and I've been paying for it ever since.

Lesson to all rookies:? don't make rookie mistakes!?
No, seriously, it's okay to self-assign pet-names and even field ID numbers to your meteorites, but DON'T self-assign "001" to "00n" numbers, or try to mimic NomCom formally-approved meteorite names.? Especially when it is based on pre-classification self-pairings.

[meteorite-list] Cat Mountain on EBay
? ? Michael Mulgrew???mikestang at gmail.com
? ? ???
? ? Sat Aug 20 17:25:50 EDT 2011