[meteorite-list] Map, Sonic Boom; Canada to Ohio Event - Aug. 8, 2011

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:13:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers

I took a look at the Radar bounce backs and at 21 min section I did also see three marks on the same time level. The first bleep if you want to call it that is at 18km the second is 20 km and the third is 22km in the same frame. I have been told and read that the flight of the meteor was SSE.

Here is the link to the radar return

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48262799 at N03/6067811559/in/set-72157627101982105

But I am confused by the return, because the direction of the return is in an east ward direction and the elevation goes up in that manner. Also I check other elevations in that time section and no other returns. So I think that it might be a glitch of could be the real deal but I am thrown off by the elevation going up as it heads east. One would think it would go down and also the direction of the flight of the meteor and the radar returns dont match up. One is east and the other is SSE.

But again, I am not a scientist, but can say this, let pray that we have meteorites :) and its a Lunar. And if thats the case, I?wouldnt be buying any cause that will be soooooooo much money, but will be fun to watch how much people would be willing to pay.

Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBaystore
http://shop.ebay.com/photophlow/m.html