[meteorite-list] AD - Mount Erebus

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:51:14 -0700

Dear Listees,

Although technically not a meteorite, Mount Erebus crystals do originate in the innards of a large planetary body and are spat out by the Antarctic volcano Mount Erebus. I have a pair of them on Ebay, ending Sunday at 7pm. A true rarity and perhaps the next best thing to a meteorite from the Antarctic. Check them out at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mt-Erebus-Crystal-anorthoclase-feldspar-/160637121215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566b7f2bf

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mt-Erebus-Crystal-anorthoclase-feldspar-/160633927181?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256687360d

I'm also looking for some of the first best thing (i.e., an actual Antarctic meteorite). Does anybody have any Thiel Mountains pallasite for sale? If so, please contact me off list.

Thanks.

Paul Swartz