[meteorite-list] List

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 15:19:38 -0700

Absolutely! The connections and information and social aspect of
Facebook is much better and more pleasing than a simple email list. I
guess some people are just technophobic.

The photos, videos, link sharing, commenting, liking, friending,
connecting and social interaction just can't be matched. Photo galleries
can be created at will, you can stay updated on what your friends are
doing, and it's good for business! Almost every big dealer I know uses
Facebook for selling their meteorites. It's a great marketing tool, and
you don't get bitched at by whiners who don't like seeing an Ad in their
email box. If you don't want to look at an ad, it's easy to just move on
to the next thing on Facebook.

Way cooler than a static email list... Oh, and Geoff Notkin's Club Space
Rock... Well, it rocks too! Pure meteorites and social networking.

Email lists are being phased out the way the dinosaurs were. Facebook
and Google+ are the asteroids that smashed the email lists and
traditional forums.

Eric