[meteorite-list] Improved dating process upsets timeline of Moon formation

From: Michael Fowler <mqfowler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:08:55 -0500

"By making improvements to the standard isotopic techniques, we report here the age of crystallization of FAN 60025 using the 207Pb?206Pb, 147Sm?143Nd and 146Sm?142Nd isotopic systems to be 4,360???3 million years."

Hi Paul,

interesting research. Would like you or someone to comment, as I can only read the abstract for free. Regarding the crystallization age of "FAN 60025", does that mean they dated only one sample of the ferroan anorthosite? If so, it is a lot of weight to put on only one sample.

Mike Fowler
Chicago