[meteorite-list] Mercury Meteorites - the short list

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:16:46 -0400

Michael.
You and the report mention Sulfides.
Are you suggesting that a meteorite might be made up primarily of sulfides?
Because there have been many nearly pure sulfide meteor-wrongs found and looked at and rejected.
These have been called such things as " manganese nodules " , " Tombstone Manganese silver ore" and many other similar stuff found like nearly pure Molybdenum and bornite wrongs as well as the famous or rather infamous NJ fall wrong and many similar objects that flood eBay today.
Perhaps the big secret NASA is keeping is that one or more of these previous wrongs may be right after all?
Maybe not all metal type meteorites are Fe/Ni after all. Maybe some are made of other metals and or sulfides?
Those sneaky little NASA devils may be at it again.
Carl
Meteoritemax

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote".