[meteorite-list] More evidence of building blocks of DNA inmeteorites

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 20:53:25 -0500

But the nucleobases found in the meteorite
are of BOTH optical isomers -- right- and left-
handed molecules -- or so the video says. if
they were from terrestrial contamination,
they would be only the Earthly orientation.

The point is that not only amino acids are being
produced in space a-biotically but so are common
nucleobases, ready to be assembled.

It's not like getting DNA from space --- it's like
getting a box of pre-fitted ladder rungs so you
can build your own ladder.

Sterling K. Webb