[meteorite-list] Question for dealers - accepting foreign checks in the US

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 11:45:22 -0400

Hi List,

Quick question for the dealers : have you ever heard of a US bank
accepting a check from an overseas bank? Specifically, a check from
India from an Indian bank that is affiliated with Bank of America, and
the check in question will be drawn against Bank of America and can be
deposited or cashed at any Bank of America?

I ask because I received a request from an overseas customer and the
request seems legit in other respects, but I am reluctant to deal with
the kind of stuff where I have to walk in to the bank, speak to a
supervisor and get it handled - it's a PITA and I'd rather just go
through the drive-through and get my business done quick. And unless
this is some form of Cashier's Check, there is no telling how long it
will take for a check like this to clear and the funds to become
available.

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/42h79my