[meteorite-list] More evidence of building blocks of DNA in meteorites

From: Leoncio Cividanes Álvarez <supeindesu_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:17:23 +0200

Well, what I've thinking about this is that the "can" could mean that maybe the physics involved in the impact with the atmosphere where the responsibles for the creation of those nucleobases, and maybe those nucleobases couldn't be found in meteors. It's known that carbonaceous chondrite material, plus water, plus high velocity impact, can 'fuse' amino acids into polymers/proteins.

It's just a personal thought...

Best regards,
Leo