[meteorite-list] Craigslist meteorite ad / Cat Mountain or Cat something?

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:40:19 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

List,

Yes, this woman and her husband contacted me and came to my house with several hundred pounds of rocks she said she had traded all her belongings for to a "dealer" in Quartzite. None of the rocks were meteorites. I immediately called Adam Hupe' and told him about her. He said that a number of people were foisting rocks on unsuspecting travelers in Quartzite and he warned me not to let them in my house.

I posted this encounter to the List the next morning and received the same warnings from several Listers. I am sorry I took her for granted and thought she had been duped. I even gave her a few throw downs to help her see what a real meteorite looks like. I now, after reading Sonny's post, know she was a grifter and a fraud and took me for a sucker.

Count Deiro
Imca 3536