[meteorite-list] Craigslist meteorite ad / Cat Mountain or Cat something?

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:27:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi List,

I was contacted by a woman last week who said she had meteorites for
sale. She said she bought them in Quartzsite that they were found in
Arizona and that they were "Arizona Meteorites". She told me she had
acquired them from the finder. As you all know, there have been many
meteorites and just as many meteorwrongs found in Quartzsite so I was a
bit skeptical. I was out of town so I had to follow up with her upon my
return. I had to wonder if she was the same person that had visited
Guido with the pickup truck who had traded their 5th wheel for
meteorites. She wanted to come to the house to show me the meteorites.
During our phone conversation I asked if they could be NWA meteorites
and how she knew that they were meteorites. She insisted that these
meteorites were found in Arizona, that she had 2 types iron and
"lighter" Stone ones. When I asked her if she knew the name of these
meteorites she said Catskill or Cat something. I figured it was pretty
unlikely that she had Cat Mountain meteorites and more than likely she
just has some slag. I waited several days as I was skeptical about what
she had. My curiosity peaked over the last few days with Guido's
announcement of his great find. I spoke with her over the phone and
asked her more about the meteorites. She asked me what part of town I
lived in. I gave her a rough area as I was not going to allow her to
come to my home. She said "Oh I know where that is. I was out in that
area of town a few weeks ago and sold some meteorites". She had planned
on meeting me in a public location so I could see what she really had.
Since then she has decided she will contact me when she is ready to
sell. I really don't know what she has for sale (slag or true
meteorites) but I have to say I am still curious. So it sounds like
it's possible that a few hunters have been successful in the Cat
Mountain area. This might be an area to hunt when it cools off. Here
are some links to her Las Vegas Craigslist ads.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/bar/2466476859.html

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/2471782770.html

Sonny