[meteorite-list] 99 Luft-bottles - sitting in my cabinet drawer

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:12:16 -0400

Hi Shawn and List,

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Storing micromounts in glass
vials is probably not the most efficient way to do it, but I grew
tired of gemjars and membrane boxes. No offense to gemjars and
membrane boxes of course! In fact, I plan to purchase some larger
membrane boxes to store/display my polished amber pieces in, with
backlighting. But, I found with gemjars, that the jars took up a lot
of space in my cabinet. I can fit more vials into a drawer than
gemjars.

FWIW, I get my vials from eBay (one of the only things eBay is still
good for). Strangely, I get them from a different seller every time
because I cannot find a single seller who consistently keeps them in
stock. I did have one seller who had them for several months running,
but she eventually quit offering them.

My goal is to fill up the 6 small drawers in my cabinet with vials. I
have 4 drawers remaining, and I can fit about 48-50 vials in each
drawer. So I have room to expand my current collection considerably.
:)

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com