[meteorite-list] 99 Luft-bottles - sitting in my cabinet drawer

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:52:39 -0400

Hi List,

I finished converting my micromount storage from 3ml glass vials to
5ml glass vials - the latter have a larger storage capacity and have a
wider neck to accomodate larger fragments. I keep most of my tiny
frags, crumbs, and dust in these glass vials. As of now, I have 2
drawers filled with about 48 bottles each - this holds the majority of
my micromount inventory. On average, each vial will hold about 2-5g
of material, depending on the size of the fragments.

I like these small bottles because they are air-tight, compact, and
they let me see the contents at a glance. I also like the "old
school" look of glass with corks.

On the right is the NWA drawer, which holds all of my NWA micros. On
the left is the drawer that holds named finds and falls (or non-NWA
Saharans)

Photo link - http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/Meteorites/new-micros-vials.jpg

In the photo, from the bottom left to upper right -

Drawer 1 (non-NWA)

Allende
Al Haggounia
Ash Creek
Bassikounou
Bensour
Breja
Camel Donga
Canyon Diablo spheroids
Canyon Diablo shale
Canyon Diablo crater sand
Carancas
Chergach
DaG 477
Dalgety Downs
Daule
Dawn(a)
Dhofar 362
Dimmitt
El Hammami
Ghubara
Gold Basin
Holbrook
Huckitta
Imilac (skeletons)
Juancheng
Kilabo
Koltsovo
La Criolla
Lahoma
Lanton
Lemmon
Northbranch
Norton County
Nuevo Mercurio
Pallasovka
Park Forest
Portales Valley
SAU 504
Sulagiri
Tamdakt
Tatahouine
Thuathe
Travis(a)
Tulia(b)
Vaca Muerta
Weston
Zag
Zunhua

Drawer 2 (NWA) - (bottom left to upper right)

323
515
787
801
869 (peas)
869 (frags)
960
1877
2086
2778 (frags)
2778 (part slices)
2975
3134
3144
3152
3336
4292
4473
4528
4846
4688
4689
5054
5055
5129
5133
6026 (frags)
6026 (dust)
6075
6077
6080
6284
6287
6289
6391
6393
6387
6394
uNWA (peas)
Loose olivines
Loose chondrules
Loose olivines
Empty vials x6

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com