[meteorite-list] "Death by GPS" in desert

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:45:42 -0700

Yeah//being a volunteer is tough!! People come here from all over the
world to play for a few days and dream of living where I live
everyday. It's a tough life. Millions of Snowbirds flock here in the
winter to get away from where they live.....yeah, it's tough out
here....fairly clean air, 99% less idiots to deal with, freedom some
people have never known, you can actually see most all the stars at
night, And trust me some city slickers had never seen Polaris or a
satellite wiz by or a meteor. Bugs (and lots of them) the size of
b-52 bombers (okay, that's not so good), I got a swimming pool that
goes from one end of the state to the other end, big enough for my
boat! We carry guns...all sorts of tough stuff. It really is a
terrible place.
Oh...and to keep in on topic....right near some really fun meteorite
hunting areas!!
It's tough...but someone has to do it. :)

Jim