[meteorite-list] Question for dealers re: displaying sold items

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 22:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
> From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman at nvbell.net>
I would appreciate your thoughts on this. For a long time, when I
> was updating a "sold" item, I left the asking price visible.

Norm, I prefer the asking price be left--we understand that some deals are made
to special clients but the world need not know the specifics that is why we call
it an asking price. I think that is a good compromise between removing it
immediately and leaving it up for the time you have a particular meteorite in
inventory. Future resale is in most --but not all cases more than a week from
purchase to resale. I can't see how the asking price being listed on the
website would influence a short term sale anyway.

Elton