[meteorite-list] Question for dealers re: displaying sold items

From: Stuart McDaniel <actionshooting_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:50:00 -0400

Well said Richard. I totally agree.

Stuart McDaniel
Lawndale, NC
Secr.,
Cleve. Co. Astronomical Society
IMCA #9052
Member - KCA, KBCA, CDUSA
-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Kowalski
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:12 PM
To: Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Question for dealers re: displaying sold items

Let's see if this one posts. Another post I sent at least 4 hours ago hasn't
come up yet...

As a collector, I've been really frustrated by how wide spread the lack of
interest in maintaining one's website actually is. As you point our often
the sites are filled with items already sold. I know of at least one dealer
who has told me that for the most part given up on updating his site.

Personally, when I am looking for a specimen to buy, I couldn't care less
what a dealer used to have for sale. It does me no good. If a dealer has an
archive section for these, or put sold items at the bottom of the page,
that's fine. For me, there isn't much worse than opening a page and seeing a
sea of items that have already been "SOLD". This often stops me from looking
for much more.

It has gotten to the point that I'll almost never go to dealer websites
unless they post a link to fresh stock I am interested here or on Facebook.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography