[meteorite-list] Darryl's edited NYT letter

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:49:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi all,

I think Daryl's published (and edited) rebuttal was fine. You have to really micro it to draw the conclusion it didn't skewer the article and present a positive spin. The open mouth crowd will get the point. (I did!)

Now, I'm not trying to be a smart ass...but, let me say this again....Run, don't walk, from any member of the lame street media that contacts you for comment on anything. If you feel compelled to see your name in print, issue a written press release and label it as such. Media protocol prevents them from editing an "official press release". They can excerpt it, but they can't change, or re-arrange words.

Best to all,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536