[meteorite-list] freebies to go

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:24:12 -0400 (EDT)

Aber, Martin,

If you drive on the autobahn two gallons worth in Germany you will be in another country. Here, I am still in Nevada. In England, you drive two gallons worth and you will need scuba gear. Less than ten percent of the United States has intercity rail, or autobus. I must drive 450 miles to go from Las Vegas to the state capital of Nevada in Reno. There is no rail. The nearest cities in the surrounding states of California and Arizona is 300 miles and no rail. America is a huge country whose citizens built their society on access to inexpensive petroleum. We are played for fools by the career politicians in Washington who pander to the environmentalists and prevent us from tapping our own reserves which are larger and easier to obtain than all the oil in the Middle East. That's why we object to increased pump prices.

Chooz!

Guido