[meteorite-list] Vesta, for sure? part 2

From: MEM <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 19:21:54 -0700 (PDT)

The wikipedia articles linked below fit very well with Richards question as well
as the discussion of "dunite and olivine diogenites". It also removes my caveat
about ejected body in my last message by stating that a candidate
"Diogenite-like asteroid" unrelated to Vesta has been identified which may be
from a differentiated body no longer with us.

"1459 Magnya: Orbits in the outer main belt, too far from Vesta to be
genetically related. May be the remains of a different ancient differentiated
body that was shattered long ago."

Another candidate for a dunite or olivine diogenite is:
2579 Spartacus ? contains a significant portion of olivine, which may indicate
origin deeper within Vesta than other V-types.
See list at:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-type_asteroid>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_Vesta>

2 Pallas is a large and most certainly differentiated body but lacks evidence of
an excavation and its spectrum shows carbonaceous chondriteaffinities

Elton