[meteorite-list] NYT story

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 00:23:25 +0200

Hello Eric, list , -

4 min. 26 sec. - wow, that's what one calls a profound research.

Well, it's quite simple. There does exist the magic word "verification". Or,
other way round, with Karl Popper, "falsification". Both ways are suitable
and should belong to a scientific as well as a sufficient journalistic
armamentarium. At least if you're a NYT journalist. One might think.
Nevertheless, it's a shame. And the combination of ignorance, prejudice and,
regarding Dr. Harvey (hopefully not the patron of the H. awards), obviously
something like image neurosis ('cause he knows it better of sure) makes it a
double shame.

If those people would look into the nightly sky some nights and realize the
passage through time and space of a meteorite before it lands on this
sandcorn of a planet, perhaps to arrive in the hands of one of us: the
sandcorn of a sandcorn - they would think and behave different.

Regards,
Matthias