[meteorite-list] NYT story

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:13:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi all,

I cannot recall seeing accurate reporting on anything scientific in the Lame Street Media. And that defintely includes that paragon of duplicity, The New York Times. The news media in this country no longer employs experts on such complex subjects as astronomy. Instead, they instruct undereducated writers to sensationalize their reporting to sell what they publishm or air. Neither the reporter, or their bosses. care who, or what endeavor, is damaged by their inaccuracies and generalizations.

You can't undo what has once been published. So, I think it would be smart to never give a statement to the press that you didn't craft and distribute yourself in writing. Better yet, don't have anything to do with the media at all.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536