[meteorite-list] So all meteorites are illegal?

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 12:51:15 -0700 (PDT)

I just spoke with Dr Ralph Harvey a little bit about his quotes. Given his research and history, I wanted to better understand his comments.

It seems his comments were taken out of context to some degree (so he states) and mentioned to me he was speaking to meteorites recovered without proper export permits and documentation (specifically mentioned Egypt) from countries that do not allow export that are openly offered for sale - even by IMCA members.

I know this is a heated issue and there is a lot of opinions, but I think this is something we need to address... there are even websites that claim NWA meteorites help terrorism!

Greg Catterton
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com
IMCA member 4682
On Ebay: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/wanderingstarmeteorites