[meteorite-list] tatahouine

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 11:42:15 -0700

Elton, A few things,

1) This issue is essentially identical to a similar situation from
about a year ago in which a list-member publicly 'called out' another
member on supposed illegal things they'd done. Regardless of the
court's verdict, the person who publicly posted the libel (yes,
"libel," because Chicago Steve has not been determined to be guilty of
anything) was banned from the list. In my opinion, you deserve the
same treatment.

You are publicly accusing Steve of illegal and potentially damaging
things without a shred of proof.

That is libel, and this list should not serve as a means for your
illegal dissemination of unfounded, damaging accusations.

If this list is 'fair,' you should be banned.

2) The issue that you have brought to light in no way has any bearing
on Steve's dealings in meteorites. I know for a fact that taxes are
not paid on many dealer and collector transactions because both cash
and rocks trade hands undeclared. Since I don't see you decrying such
actions as defrauding the government, and since the money saved in
such transactions goes back into the dealers' pockets and is converted
into new inventory, I can only assume that you're singling out Steve
here again, just like good ole' times, because you've got the same
cactus lodged up your backside. I don't know how or why you've got
such a beef with Steve, but I'm going to have to implore you, just as
I did years ago, to TAKE IT OFF LIST.

And if you've got a problem with Eric's email list -- I've got a yahoo
email account, too -- you can easily block his email address or mark
all of his incoming messages as spam with LITERALLY TWO CLICKS OF A
MOUSE. Since you haven't done that, just as you have chosen not to
block Steve (and have instead opted to publicly attack him...yet
again), I can only assume, as I did before, that you enjoy berating
people in public merely for the amusement of it.

Given your colorful and patchy history on this list due to prior list
infractions, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Best,
Jason