[meteorite-list] Color of OC's by Staining or by Trace Elements

From: Jonathan E. Dongell <jdongell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:07:45 -0700

Greg,
Guess I owe you a milkshake............
I thought you were asking what type of environment (i.e. from an external
source)
might cause a stoney to change color over time. In other words, to cause
redoximorphic features. We see this a lot in my line of work. So, I assume
it must happen to stoneys as well, over time. I did not understand you were
asking about existing-material colorations. MY BAD : o (

May I recommend Cold Stone or Baskin Robbins......... : o }
Jon Dongell
ICMA 3922