[meteorite-list] [Fwd: RE: Specific Gravity Question]

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:19:27 -0500

One of the papers on density and porosity can be downloaded here:
http://homepage.mac.com/brother_guy/.Public/Asteroid%20Densities.pdf
directly from Brother Guy's webpages

More references:
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1977) Composition and evolution of the eucrite
parent body: evidence from rare earth elements (GCA 41, 1271-1282).
BRITT D.T., CONSOLMAGNO G.J. (1996) Estimating porosities from bulk
densities (abs. Meteoritics 31, 1996, A022).
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1996) Density and porosity measurements of the
Vatican meteorite collection (abs. Meteoritics 31, 1996, A031).
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1997) Model porosities of chondrites and the
nature of asteroidal material (MAPS32, Suppl., A031-A032).
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1998) Metamorphism, shock, and porosity: Why
are there meteorites? (Meteoritics 33-4, 1998, A034).
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1998) The porosities of ordinary chondrites:
Models and interpretation (MAPS 33-6, 1998, 1221).
CONSOLMAGNO G.J. et al. (1998) The density and porosity of meteorites
from the Vatican collection (MAPS 33-6, 1998, 1231-1241).

Another paper on asteroid densities:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1999M%26PS...34..479W

Densities of Martian meteorites:
http://gsa.confex.com/gsa/2002AM/finalprogram/abstract_40458.htm