[meteorite-list] [Fwd: Meteorite eBook Opinions Sought]

From: David Gunning <davidgunning_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 05:55:20 -0400 (EDT)

--------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Meteorite eBook Opinions Sought
From: "David Gunning" <davidgunning at fairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, September 29, 2010 5:50 am
Cc: davidgunning at fairpoint.net

Hello, there, Kevin,

You gotta do what you gotta do. For my druthers, I would not have bought
a copy of your book if it were not available in hard copy printed form.
And, yes, I would have paid an additional $5.00, or so, if necessary for
a copy. When buying a book, a real live book, something I can hold in my
hands, I don't quibble.

A curious aside, for your information, might be that when I contacted the
Maine State Library system for inter-library loans for any and all books
on meteorites in the State of Maine, my search came up empty with no
results of any such books available to the general reading public, here
in Maine. In the past I've held gem material identification clinics as
local fund raising events for my local library (I'm a retired
gemologist). If I hold any future such fund raisers for my local library
I will be doing so with the pre-condition that the funds raised must be
dedicated and earmarked for the acquisition of your excellent book and
other meteorite books, such as "Space Rocks" and meteorites from A to Z.

Local public librarys are where it's at, from my view.

In any event, I wish you and your excellent book much continuing and
surely deserved success, whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes,

Dave Gunning