[meteorite-list] NWA 6292 (BRA) IS paired to NWA 5400 !

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:02:33 +0200

Hi Shawn,

>I find collecting from a classification aspect with NWA's to be very
cumbersome because of the slight >variations in meteorites which some people
say its rare.

Once I was also a relatively strict historics collector.

Until I realized, that NWA will open to me a WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!

Hey, I simply didn't knew, where to take it from, if I had to pay a 1000$ a
gram for an Acapulco,
or a couple of hundreds for a How or R, or 100+ for an CK, or some hundreds
of thousands for a Calcalong.
And there were many types simply unavailable.
Or today, each beginner has a fat black-cruster OC of several kilos as
paperweight on the desk,
where should I get it then from? Even at my earliest times the Gaos were
already brown :-(

Now I can play around with the whole solar system or at least with the whole
asteroid belt, Moon and Mars in my hands! And imagine, I need no microscope
or magnifier and haven't to overstress my fantasy anymore to watch my
specimens!

O.k. now I don't have to my stone the story that Barney Geroellheimer Jr.
from Possum Trot, AL,
used it from 1953-57 as a chamber pot, until the mineral collector and medic
Dr.Zampone took it as payment for a successful treatment against cholera,
whose widow donated his collection later to the Smithsonian, where in 1972
the esteemed Dr.Macarius Seltsam found organic compounds in the stone and
building blocks of life....
And so what! - if it's a rare type - and, Shawn, AT THIS PRICE!!! - I can
live excellently with that.

And if I do some sports and if I give up some habits, which make life
liveable,
then most probably I will still live to hear our desert stones of today
being called by the collectors of the next but one generation: historical.

;-)
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----