[meteorite-list] OT: Listening To Fermi

From: JoshuaTreeMuseum <joshuatreemuseum_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 00:09:08 -0400

Where are "they"? For the sake of this argument let's say they're on one of
the Alpha Centauri planets, a mere 4.3 light years away. Or, for that
matter, they could be anywhere within 75 light years, the distance Earth's
transmissions have reached. With their advanced planet detection methods and
finely tuned dish signal reception set-ups, surely they would know about us.
And they would also know how to send signals powerful enough to reach our
planet through all the space dust and interferring cosmic rays. And yet
nothing, nada, zilch, goose egg. The silence is deafening and speaks
volumes. There's nobody there. Until ET phones home, I can't muster up the
faith to believe in his existence. I need evidence, not wishful thinking or
a yearning to not be alone. I'm not a yearner.